Pizza!

At my house my kids love pizza. I think that most other households agree. It makes for a fast, easy, cheap meal. Especially when you are on the run to any of the activities that your kids do. Usually an easy kids pleaser. At our house my kids favorite kind of pizza is homemade pizza. We hadn't had it in a while and since today was "Tasty Tuesday" we decided to make it.

A few years ago a friend of mine gave me her very versatile bread recipe. You can can do pretty much anything with the basic bread recipe. Besides regular bread you can make cinnamon bread, mozzarella sticks, rolls and more. Our favorite way to have it is as a pizza crust. We like it because it gives a thick crust. The nice thing about it is that we don't have to let it rise. We mix up the dough, knead it a little and then split the dough in half. Enough for two large cookie sheet (jelly roll pans) worth.

Tonight my daughter wanted to make pepperoni pizzas. We rolled the dough into a large rectangle and put it on the pan. Then we put our favorite sauce on it. My daughter likes to put all the cheese on and then put pepperonis all over it. It was fun making dinner together. Of course everyone was happy with pizza for dinner too. A little more time consuming than buying pizza but so much better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy