Unicorn Pillows

The other day I talked about Pinterest and how people have different talents and likes. Today is Make it Monday and my 11 year old daughter showed off her talent by doing something that she enjoys - creating. Unlike me who can copy others creations, she comes up with her own. One of her favorite things to make crafts out of is fabric. We have an entire tote filled with patterned fabric, solid colored fabric, lots of colors of tulle and more. Most of it is left overs from costumes that I have made. (My sewing machine and I have a love/hate relationship. So costumes are pretty much all I use it for.)  She got into the fabric and made it into something that is purely her own design.



Unicorn Pillows! She made both of these pillows with things that she found here at home. She started with some chevron material and made both of the pillows. She then used a red thin felt type material and free handed a unicorn head on the opposite side of the fabric which she doubled over to cut out. Since she cut both of them at once, they are exactly the same. She really is an artist!



She then hot glued the image to both of the pillow "cases." Next step was filling with Poly-fil stuffing. She made them nice and fluffy. She then closed the seam that she had left open so she could turn it right side out after making the pillow "case" and so she could fill it up with stuffing. This was completely her idea. She loves unicorns and wanted to make a unicorn pillow for her bed. Luckily she wanted to make a square pillow with a silhouette on it instead of trying to make a unicorn shaped pillow. That is above my helping skill for sure! The only thing I helped with at all was in offering my opinion when asked. I think the only thing she asked was what color she should make the unicorn and if the red matched the teal chevron.

I think that she did a fantastic job! Even better than that though if the fact that she thinks she did a fantastic job too! An all around win for Make it Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy