We Love Ice Cream!

Ever since I was a little kid, I have loved ice cream. I think it's because I had a mom who loved ice cream so we always had some in the house. It's a tradition I guess because my kids all love ice cream too. Creamy, delicious, almost any flavor goodness. It makes me smile just thinking about it. Yum! One of our favorite flavors is mint chocolate chip. So on a recent shopping trip, my daughter chose a bucket of that. (That's right, a gallon bucket of ice cream.) Today after running errands, cleaning and doing chores, we decided to have some.



It was nice just sitting with my daughter enjoying cold yumminess on this hot day. She told me about some of her ideas for paintings that she wants to do. We talked about a day trip that we are taking and how much fun it will be. She told me about a book that she just started reading. We just talked. I think that sometimes we forget to just relax and visit with our kids. Our lives have been pretty stressful and packed full this past two weeks. Nothing fun, just lots working and running kids to work and other activities. Not much time for fun. In fact my daughter has been feeling ignored. (She finds plenty to keep herself busy, she just likes it when we are engaged with her. Either by talking to her or doing activities with her.) So today it was nice to take a break and visit with this cute girl who still wants me involved in all aspects of her life. That will change all too soon. For now I will try harder to live in the present. And maybe have a lot more conversations over ice cream. Those are usually the best kind!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy