Pinterest is Awesome!

Pinterest is a site that is right up my alley. I accidently came upon it a few years ago while I was searching for something else. Immediately I was like "What is this?" I have always been someone who tears good ideas out of magazines and printing them off the internet. But what to do with all those after? I had piles of papers with no organizational plan. No way of remembering what good ideas I had found let alone how to find them. So like I said that Pinterest was my kind of site. Pin all the good ideas that I found on boards that are organized by topic. Wow! I immediately signed up. Back then you had to have a facebook account to get a Pinterest account. I had fought signing up for Facebook, but now I signed up without blinking.
I now have a lot of Pinterest boards on my account and a lot more than 10,000 pins! Seriously I told you that Pinterest is amazing for me. When holidays come around I can check my board(s) for that holiday and "remember" all those good ideas. When I want to try a new recipe I can pick one from my boards. If I'm looking for a teacher appreciation gift, a kids craft, a printable or fun ideas of things to do, I can go to one of my boards. I love it!
However there is a downside to Pinterest. It's easy to be on there and see everyone elses great ideas and then start to compare yourself to them. You will always come up short as you see everyone else's fit bodies, happy kids, clean houses, over the top birthday parties, amazing cakes, holiday decor, and so much more. My house is rarely clean, I have kids. I am not a great cook, but I do love to bake. I could exercise and eat right, but I love cookies and chips. I will never measure up to everyone. But that is where we fail. We can NOT compare our regular selves with a few particular talents against a lot of different people's best selves. Maybe I'm not as fit as that person, but maybe my Christmas tree looks better than theirs. We all have our own talents and interests and they will never be the same as someone else's. We are all individuals. We are unique. We aren't supposed to be good at everything. But pick the things that you want to be good at or that you have a talent for and work on those things. Become better at the things that you care about. Don't worry about what other people do.
Pinterest is a great place for people to show their talents. Enjoy them for what they are - an idea to try if I want. Live your best life. A life that you can be proud of. A life that you love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy