Photo Books and Shutterfly

One thing that we really love at our house is photos. We take pictures of everything! I seriously have no room on my iPhone for any music because there are so many pictures on it! Lots more than a 1,000! Crazy but they are really important to me. I do have to say that I do a great job actually printing out those photos, getting them on a disk or flash drive and then deleting them off my camera. (Yes I have actually deleted lots of photos and still have that many left!) I would be devastated if something happened to any of my cameras and I lost all of the photos on there. I also don't trust my computer to keep them safe for me because my youngest child has accidentally clicked on things that have given us virus's. Our computer has actually had to be wiped before to get rid of everything on it. For that reason, I don't store my photos on my computer either.

A few years ago I discovered Shutterfly and quickly became a huge fan! They are an online company that allows you to make items using photos that you've downloaded to their site. I can download pictures from my iPhone directly to my account. There is no charge for downloading your pictures and storing them for you. I can then have them print them and send them to me. It's a great time saver. My favorite thing about Shutterfly is the photo books and calendars that you can make using your own photos. It kind of takes me back to my scrapbook days. I would like to say that it is faster (and for most people it is) but I kind of obsess some about what pictures to use or what to write about a particular story. I also change my mind a lot and I love changing the page around or adding their embellishments to them. So I have made quite a few photo books over the years. Usually about a certain event or a vacation.

Last year we had the most crazy year of our married lives. So many things happened - both bad and really good. We had kids on missions, homecomings, a wedding and reception, emergency surgery, an awesome vacation, a learners permit, holidays and even a move. I had told my husband on more than one occasion that our year would make a really great photo book. He agreed and said that would make a great birthday gift for him. As I thought about it, I realized that it would make a really great Father's Day gift. It would be a surprise to him to because he wouldn't be expecting it. So I started downloading pictures from last year to my account. Then a wonderful surprise for me was that Shutterfly was having a sale and their photo book were 50% off. That did move up my time table some, but for some serious savings. I was done with the school year and so I was able to work on it while he wasn't home. I have to say that I was really happy with how it turned out. Even better was the surprise on Father's Day when we gave it to him. He loved it! He sat with two of our kids looking at all of the pictures that I used and reading what I wrote about them and our year. It was a perfect photo opportunity.

Shutterfly has awesome free gift offers and sales all the time. Once you start a free account with them they start sending you emails about promotions that they have. I have always been really impressed with anything that I have ordered from them. From prints to enlargements, to books. Everything is great quality. I know that there are lots of other sites that do the same thing as Shutterfly, but I found a company that I am really happy with. Because of all of the promotions and free offers they send me, I feel that they value me as a customer. They help our family enjoy our photos in a new way and we love that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy