Brownies!

At our house we like to bake. Well maybe I should say that I like to bake and so that's what I tend to teach my kids to do. We usually make a "treat" once or twice a week. What ever we make does not last long at all. It's usually gone within a day or so. We often share it with others - especially my kids' friends when they are at my house. We like being able to do that.

I asked my daughter (S) what she wanted to make. She didn't even have to think about it. Brownies. Now I will say this, usually when we bake we make things from scratch. I even have an amazing brownie recipe from my mom. It's all of our favorite kind of brownies. However, they take quite a bit of time. So when we are just looking for quick brownies I actually reach for a mix. I like Betty Crocker's Fudge Brownie mix Quick and easy. We do like to "dress" it up some though. After the batter is spread in the pan, we put our own spin on the treat. We usually sprinkle some kind of chocolate chip on top before baking. Semi-sweet chocolate chips, mint chips, peppermint bits, M&M's, or any kind or chopped up candy bar. You can even use mini marshmallows. You can't put those on before you bake it though. You have to bake it first and then immediately after taking them out of the oven you just sprinkle the marshmallows all over the top and put them bake into the oven for a minute or two.  Sometimes I will put a few spoonfuls of raspberry jam on the batter and then use a knife to swirl it through the brownies. There are even times that I take some chocolate chip cookie dough and drop spoonfuls around so we get cookie brownies when they are done! The options are really endless.

We love brownies! The next time you make them try putting something else on top and see what you think. I think you'll agree that it makes them even better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy