Finishing Projects Makes Me Happy

I don't know what it is about me, but I have a hard time finishing things.  Unless there is a time table - like a costume for Halloween or a gift that I have to come up with.  It actually irritates me.  I have a lot of started, half done, (or my favorite) almost done projects lying around my house.  Annoying!  I am also really good at getting side tracked so that finishing things around the house takes SO much longer than it should.  Well I didn't get a chance to take my Halloween down as soon as wanted to, so the other day I had some time and decided that it needed to come down.  I had the boxes to put everything in, so I started taking things down.  Now this usually takes me a few days to finish.  Don't ask me why.  It makes no sense.  So I decided that I was going to do it until it was done.  A couple of times I thought that I could get something else going at the same time.  Like throw a load of laundry in to be washing at the same time.  But I know myself and I knew that if I went to do laundry, I would get side tracked and wouldn't finish.  I think that I can multi-task, but all it does is get me off track.  So I stuck with it.  It took me a while, but I got all of my Halloween down and boxed up in one afternoon!   Happy!  Happy!  It made me - and my husband - so happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy