Putting Up the Christmas Tree Makes Me Happy

I know that there are some people who put up their Christmas tree around Halloween.  I don't.  In fact, I normally don't put up our tree until Thanksgiving night.  This year, however, is different.  Thanksgiving is so late in November and we have company coming.  I wasn't sure that I would be able to get everything going up before December.  And I really do have to have things up by December 1.  So our tree and some of our other decorations are up along with our Thanksgiving decorations.  We are having Thanksgiving here and so I want my decorations up for that holiday, but as I said already I have some Christmas up too.  Makes for an interesting look. 
Back to our tree.  Last year we bought a flocked tree.  It is very different from our other trees.  Since we were doing a different tree, I decided to use different decorations.  At our house gingerbread houses have been a tradition since I was a little girl and for our family since we've been married.  I have picked up gingerbread ornaments whenever I have found them thinking that some day I might do a gingerbread tree.  So that is what we are doing.  There are actual gingerbread men and "candy" ornaments.  Because of the color of the tree and so many of the ornaments, we decorate this tree with light blue, green and pink ball ornaments.  Definately not traditional.  But that is okay.  It works and I really love how it turned out.  Right now my daughter is adding some more ornaments and moving some around.  I let her do it however she wants since she is really the only person who helps decorate the tree anymore.  I have to confess though, that when she isn't around I "fix" things on the tree so things are spaced better.  This tree makes me happy.  Something else that makes me happy about it is sitting in the frontroom with all of the lights off and just the Christmas lights on.  That is the best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy