Gifts Make Me Happy

Okay I guess I should clarify.  Giving gifts makes me happy.  I don't know why, but I like to give gift baskets.  Well not always a basket but I like my gifts to have a theme.  My go to baby gift is a soft blanket and a Goodnight Moon board book.  The theme there is story time.  You know you snuggle up with a blanket and read your little one a book.  Of course it's a little early for reading when you give it as a shower gift, but then they are ready to go as soon as possible.  And let's admit it, when you're getting ready to have a baby do you really start buying books? 
So today I took a gift to a cute girl who lives in our ward and used to be one of my young women.  She was in an accident and has some injuries. She's got a long, hard road a head of her. So I put together a Sunshine Basket.





I filled up a basket with yellow items.  There is a picture frame with a quote that is pink but everything else is yellow.  There are fuzzy socks, peanut M&Ms, swedish fish, lemonheads, gum, powerade, dried pineapple, lotion, lip balm and fingernail polish.  I printed off a cute tag and put it together.  I made another tag smaller and folded the paper into a card that I signed from both me and my daughter.  Then I went to visit this cute girl.  Even if she isn't a fan of everything in there, she at least knows that we've been thinking about her.  I left with a smile on my face.  I love remembering people and giving gifts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy