Homemade Costumes Make Me Happy

I have to admit that I LOVE Halloween!!!  Everything about it makes me happy.  The only thing that I'm not completely on board with is dressing up.  I don't really like that, but I love to dress my kids up.  This year my daughter has decided that she wants to be a peacock for Halloween.  I really don't like the cheesy costumes that you find sometimes so I decided that I would make one.  But I really wasn't sure how to go about it.  I knew that we could start with a tutu, but I didn't want it to just look like a girl in a tutu.  So I looked all over the internet and pinterest.  I found lots of costume ideas, but I also didn't want to spend a lot of money (costumes that had a complete tail fan of peacock feathers) or too much time.  I am not great at sewing so I couldn't pick anything too complex either.  I think that we finally have it worked out.  The tutu is done and now it is onto the finishing touches.  A few peacock tail feathers and a peacock feather to make into a headband.  I also found some great hair chalk in green, blue and purple - peacock colors and some great eyeshadow.  I can't wait to see it all together!  Finished costumes that look great make me happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy