Traditions Make Me Happy

I love traditions.  I think it's because they bring up good memories from the past as well as making new memories in the present.  We have a fun tradition at our house.  Every year at the first part of October we get together with friends to make Halloween Houses.  Every family creates their own work of Halloween House art.  We use graham crackers to make our creations.  This year I got ambitious and made ours out of gingerbread.  I couldn't find a pattern I liked so I had to make my own. We took our house and piles of candy to our friends house where everyone else brought their houses and piles of Halloween candy to share.  There were six families there.  Armed with purple, black, green, and orange frosting, we all went to work creating candy masterpieces.  The kids all ran around and played and every once in a while would come and help.  Sometimes they'd even help with other peoples houses.  It was so much fun!  I hope it is a tradition that will continue for many more years to come.  Great friends, traditions and Halloween make me happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy