Holiday Decorations Make Me Happy

As I've said before, I love Halloween!  I love the fun treats, the fun photo opportunities, the movies (fun ones I don't do really scary) and the decorations!  I have some decor for this fun time of year.  I was pulling it out by the middle of September even though my husband kept saying it was too early.  I have continued to add to my decor stash this year though.  I have come up with a few more decorations thanks to pinterest and happily some of my own ideas as well.  For instance I have this old, ugly wreath that I had held onto but didn't love at all.  So I gave it a makeover.  A really good coat of black spray paint.  I am sooo happy with how it turned out!  I hung it on our front gate and it really stands out.  I also had this board laying around. Where it came from or why I have it, I don't know.  But we decided that it needed a new life.  My daughter helped me paint it.  I had spray painted it with black spray paint.  Then I cut out vinyl letters with my cricut and put on the board.  Then we painted it orange and pulled off the lettering.  The tip with pulling off the vinyl is to do it before the paint dries.  This is now on our front porch.  One of the ideas from pinterest was this fun picture frame.  I ripped pages out of an old book and used black ink around the edges and here and there on the paper.  Then I used my cricut to cut out some paper figures to put in some of the "windows."  The other idea from pinterest was this one for plates.  I wanted some fun Halloween plates, but hadn't found any that I loved or that I wanted to pay for.  I bought these plates at the Dollar Tree.  For - you guessed it one dollar! Then I gave them and some Sharpies to my eight year old daughter and set her loose.  After she was done, I put them in the oven to set the marker.  We will eat on these tonight and tomorrow night.  So happy with everything we've done!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy