Traditions Make Me Happy!

I love traditions!  I it's because it brings up all of the good memories from years past as well as making new memories.  We have such a fun tradition at our house.  Every year at the first of October we get together with friends and we make "Halloween Houses."  Usually we make them out of graham crackers and make the best house plans that we can think of.  This year I got ambitious and made ours out of gingerbread.  I couldn't find a house plan that I liked so I made my own.  We put it together at home with both royal icing and hot glue and then we went to our friends house to decorate it.  We all bring whatever kind of candy we can find - anything that can pass for Halloween candy.
My friend provides purple, green, black, and orange icing for every family.  Then we ice and decorate to the extreme!  The more candy the better and if it becomes messy it doesn't matter because it just makes it look more "halloweenie."  There were six families there.  All of the kids run around, play and every once in a while come and help.  It's such a happy tradition I hope we continue to do for many more years to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy