Summer Days Make Me Happy

I love summer time.  The warm days.  The long daylight days.  The kids home.  No real schedules.  Okay the last two can become challenging sometimes when you get bored kids.  Well over the past couple of years I've pinned tons of things to do in the summer.  However, I am a great idea planner, just not a great idea follow througher.  I have an idealic image of what summer should be, but when it gets right down to it, it is a lot of the same days.  Well last year my kids and I combined some of the ideas we liked and this is what we came up with for us.  We have our days scheduled. 

Make it Monday
Taste it Tuesday
Wet Wednesday
Thinking Thursday
Fun Friday

This year I added "My Summer Bucket Lists."  My kids and I all filled out our own and we can pick things off for the days if we want.  Some of the ideas are big and might not happen.  It doesn't matter.  I told them to put anything on it that they want to do and we would do as many as we could.  I did tell them to not waste a space by writing "Going to Disneyland."  I told them that was not happening this summer.  Some of the things they wrote were smaller.  My daughter wants to make little owl stuffed animals.  We aren't great at sewing, but we will try.  One of the things that all of us wrote was to make a water park in our yard and invite our friends over to get wet with us.  So many ideas for how to do this on Pinterest.  Love that place!  Now we aren't able to do things everyday.  Other things take some of our days.  But if we have a plan, then more things are likely to happen.
And that is what will make this summer so much fun.  Fun summer and happy kids.  That's what makes me happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy