Lemon Mini Donuts



Today I asked my daughter what she wanted to do for Thinking Thursday. Usually it's more of a science type day, but she said that she was "thinking" about making lemon donuts. Mini donuts to be exact. After chuckling I said "okay." So we went to Pinterest in search of a recipe. Well we went to my Cinnamon Rolls, Breads and Donuts board. We found one that looked simple from Made to Be a Momma and decided to try that one. It used a lemon cake mix in the recipe. I had the mix so we got to work.



A few years ago I got one of my favorite kitchen tools. It's a mini donut maker by Bella. Think waffle iron that has seven mini donut shapes inside. It cooks them very quickly (literally in about 2 minutes!) and they come out great. Which is always a necessity.



It made so many donuts! It's good that we like them!



They do get a little darker on the bottom than they do on the top. So when it was time to glaze them we usually put the darker side up. We glazed them with a lemon glaze. We just made a simple glaze -

Lemon Glaze

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp milk

I just dunked the tops in the glaze and then my daughter put sprinkles on them. I have quite the collection of decorative sprinkles. However I have about 4 different kinds of sprinkles that are flavored. I got them from Allison's Pantry a while ago. I haven't seen them since, but I'm sure that you could find them at kitchen supply stores or maybe even from Amazon. Since they are hard to find, I'm kind of stingy with them. But these donuts called for lemon flavored sprinkles!



 Everyone loved them and wouldn't stay out of them. I think that we need to do this again sometime very soon. This would be a very easy recipe to adapt because it used a cake mix. Following the recipe you could just change the cake mix to chocolate, or yellow, or birthday sprinkles or any other flavor. How about a german cake mix with a coconut frosting? The options are endless. Here's to lots more donuts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy