Banana Cream Pie Bites



My daughter has been begging me to try a treat that she had at day camp last month. She had told me all about these mini banana cream pies. There was no recipe but she explained it pretty well. She told me that we needed to buy a sugar cookie mix and some banana pudding. Okay that's easy enough. Right? Well today we decided to find out.

My daughter was pretty specific about what needed to be done, so I stepped back and let her go for it. We used the Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix in the large pouch. She made the cookies following the directions for cut out cookies.



After the dough was made, we needed to put it in a mini muffin tin of course.


It took a minute to figure out which scoop gave us the right amount of dough in the cup. We didn't want so much that they didn't keep their shape, but we also didn't want any part of the cookie too thin. The amount we used was a little bit more than our small scoop. She gently pushed the cookie dough into the greased muffin tins. Then it was time to bake. We weren't sure how long to bake them. The directions said to bake cookies for 5-7 minutes. These were smaller though so she guessed 3 minutes. They weren't done at 3 minutes. We ended up baking them for 5 minutes before they looked done.


The middle kind of puffed up during baking. Next time we make these we will just use the amount of dough in the small cookie dough scoop. It would probably be the perfect amount of dough to push on the bottom and sides of the mini muffin tins. We came up with a solution for today's very puffed up cookies though.


We gently pushed the middle of the cookie down before they cooled off. Just enough for a scoop of banana cream pudding. We made the pudding according to the pie directions on the side of the pudding box. It calls for less milk that traditional pudding. A must if you don't want it so thin that when you take a bite half of your pudding slides out. In my case it would probably end up on my shirt. Not a good look for me. So it's important to make the pudding from the pudding pie directions.


My daughter couldn't wait to eat one! My cookie scoop that was a little too little for the cookie amount was perfect for the pudding amount. We did have Cool Whip to put on the top but it was still kind of frozen. She didn't care, she said that they were delicious! I had one too and I had to agree with her. It actually was more than one bite. It was just the right amount. They were light and cold. Perfect for a hot summer day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy