Christmas Day Makes Me Happy

We had a great Christmas!  Of course we got great presents, but that isn't what I love about Christmas Day.  My favorite part of the day was a phone call that we got from our son who is serving a mission in Ethiopia.  We only get emails from him except for phone calls twice a year.  We got to talk to him for almost an hour!  It was great!  Of course that hour flew by, but that is okay.  Then we started a new tradition a few years ago.  We no longer get with extended family on Christmas (Aunts, Uncles, Cousins)  everyone is going every which way on Christmas.  So we started having a family Christmas party for all of our extended family on a different day during December.  Since I don't always have any of my brothers or sister or their families here on Christmas, I don't want my parents to make a big Christmas dinner just for us.  I don't want to make one either, so we came up with a great idea.  We make a huge breakfast and whoever is in town comes over for it.  This year it was just my parents, but we still had a ton of food!  Eggs, hashbrowns, pancakes, sausage, bacon and my mom's homemade chocolate milk.  We didn't eat until almost 10:30.  We all stuffed ourselves so no one was hungry until late afternoon.  Since we no longer have to hurry off to a big family dinner somewhere, we stay in our new pajamas all day.  We watch movies together, we put together presents, we "play" with our presents, and just spend an enjoyable day together.  It is one of my favorite things.  An easy, lazy, enjoyable Christmas day makes me SO happy!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy