Finding Presents Makes Me Happy

We all have people on our Christmas list who are hard to buy presents for.  You know the ones who are either really picky or buy what they need or want when they need or want it.  We had two people on our list who fell into the "so hard to buy for" category.  I never know what to buy these people.  Also I don't want to give them the same thing each year.  This year though I think we did good.  We bought them both things that we had never given to them before.  I know that one of the people will like what we bought her - a Bath and Body Works gift card.  She loves their products just like I do.  However, I'm a huge believer in NOT choosing a scented product for anyone EVER.  What I think smells amazing, you might think it stinks and what you like, I might think is awful.  You can't choose certain things for other people and I believe that that is one of them.  So we got her a gift card.  (That is something that I would have appreciated last time someone gave me a scent they loved and I did not!) 
The other gift I'm not quite as confident about.  I do think that we made a good effort, I'm just not sure if she will like it.  Picking out clothes for other people can be difficult too.  But we picked a brand that she really likes in a color that she wears.  The only thing is that it is more like a jacket/cardigan and I've never seen her wear a cardigan.  If she looks at it like it's a jacket, then I think that we are good.  Regardless, there is a gift receipt in with the gift.  That way she can pick out something else if she chooses. 
So now with the exception of a few little gifts, some sock items and some candy, we are basically done.  I know that that list still sounds a little long, but it really is only a few items and some candy.  I think that we can finish that up next time we go shopping.  Then comes the really awful part - wrapping!  That definitely takes a lot of time, but when you use cute wrapping paper and real ribbon they come out looking great.  And all of that makes me happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy