Summer is Flying By

Summer always seems like it goes by way too fast. Maybe it's because we enjoy having lazy days without school. Maybe it's because we enjoy the warm weather. Maybe it's because we try to pack in as much fun as possible. I'm not sure which one it is, but I'm pretty sure that it is a combination of all of them. We love staying up late talking and watching movies.and then sleeping in. We love being outside in the warm sun. We love trying to fulfill each days fun "schedule."

It seems like time is always flying by. I'm not sure who said that my kids could grow up so fast. It seems like every time I blink another year goes by. I heard recently that we only have 18 summers with each of our children. That scares me! I did not agree to only 18 summers. That is not enough. That makes me want to cram even more into our summers than I already do. It can start to drive me crazy! That is not what I or my family want. I'm working on enjoying the moment and letting the kids lead the activities so that we are doing what they want to do.

Some good advice that I got about summer was that we should ask our kids what their summer expectations are. Some kids want to go, go, go. Some kids want to sleep in and hang out. If we aren't sure what their expectations are we might leave one of those kids feeling like they didn't enjoy their summer. Not okay! We can't cater to one child only. We have to find balance so that no matter what their expectations are, they are mostly met.

Life really is a balancing act and summer is no different. We just have to find a balance that leaves us feeling at peace. Balance in life includes us too, not just our kids. So I am going to balance my expectations with what is left of summer vacation. I'll be asking my kids again today what their expectations are for the remainder of their summer break. Then as a family we'll squeeze a little bit more fun into our summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy