Exploring New Places

We always love going to other places and seeing what is there. I've been to New York and seen the sights there. I've been to California and spent time on the beach and at theme parks. I've been to many other states and visited the sights there. Something that I'm not very good at is exploring my own backyard. There are many places in Utah that I've never been to or that I haven't been to since I was a kid. That means my own children have never been to these places either. Not okay! There are people from all over the world to coma and see all the parks in Utah. So I've been trying to do more seeing whats in my backyard.

This week we went to a place that isn't a national park. No one will come to see it from other countries, but it is somewhere that we had yet to explore. About 2 years ago a small community next to our small community built a fun playground and splash pad. Now my daughter thought that she was too old to go to a playground on her own, but we had my young nieces here this week. So we loaded them into our van and headed for some summer fun. We went to the splash pad and played on that playground. And my daughter who thought that she was too old for that was soaked from head to toe! Dripping wet and having fun with her cousins. It was so much fun that we took them back again two days later.

I can't believe that it took us so long to go there. It is less than 10 minutes from our home. It didn't take all day. We only spent about an hour and a half there. And they loved it. We could have been loving it the past 2 years too. I think that we all need to spend so much more time exploring the world around us. We especially need to explore our own backyard and what our communities have to offer us. It's amazing out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy