Daily Cleaning Zones

In my last post I mentioned that I have daily cleaning zones. Areas of my home that I clean on designated days. For instance, on Mondays I clean the kitchen. I have things that I do there each week - dishes, sweep the floor, counters, wipe down the outside of the fridge. Those are the basic tasks. But there are weekly tasks as well. The first and third Mondays of the month I also mop the floor and clean the kitchen sink and counters and. Monthly I also clean out the fridge - take everything out and wash the shelves with soapy water.

This system has worked well for me. I've had the daily days lined up for years. I know where I should be spending my time cleaning each day, I just haven't been good at doing it lately. Part of the reason why is that it doesn't always look like it needs it. But just because something doesn't look dirty doesn't mean that it isn't. That's why I've rededicated myself to strictly following it this year.

 I want my home to always look and be clean. It stresses me out to be in the middle of chaos. Even when that chaos is a messy, cluttered home. This will help me to feel calm, peaceful and centered. It will be an adjustment to refocus my limited time to cleaning, but the payoff will be so worth it. I can't wait to calmly sit in the middle of my very clean home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy