Spooky Little Cake



My cute husband indulges my love of decorating for holidays. He never complains and often helps me get things done. Luckily for him he likes Halloween. His birthday is at the first part of October and he always asks for a different kind of cake. This year though my daughter and I decided that he was going to get a Halloween themed cake. We even picked out a monster looking one that we wanted to try. Then my husband decided that he wanted to have a cake that we refer to as Brownie Delight. It is yummy layers of yumminess! But it has to be made in a regular cake pan. So our monster idea was out. But I was still determined to add a little Halloween to it. We decided to make a graveyard on top, but weren't exactly sure what we were going to do when we started to make the cake.


The entire recipe is at the bottom of this post but here's how it goes together. I forgot to take a picture of the first layer. It is just a brownie layer. In fact the recipe calls for your favorite brownie mix. I used Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix and made it according to the package directions. Then you have to let it cool. Completely. I usually put it on a cake rack pan away from any heat. Sometimes I'll even put a bowl of ice cubes and water under it to help it cool faster. Once it's cooled off enough that I can comfortable hold the pan, I'll put it in the fridge to finish cooling off. 

After it's cooled you can add the next layer. It is a cream cheese and Cool Whip layer and is SO yummy! 


The next layer is chocolate pudding made according to the pie directions on the box. Make sure that you are looking at the pudding pie directions instead of just the regular directions. It will be too runny otherwise. Spread this layer on top of the cream cheese layer.


Then you finish it off by putting Cool Whip over the entire cake. Not very Halloween looking though. We bought some Pepperidge Farm Orange Chocolate Milano Cookies. We thought that the rounded top looked kind of like an old headstone in a cemetery. We also added Peep's ghosts and of course candles because it was for my hubby's birthday.


This yummy dessert is always a hit at our house. And with 4 layers of goodness why wouldn't it be. Try it at your house. The recipe is at the bottom of this page. Happy Halloween Birthday!


Brownie Delight

1 package Brownie mix (13x9" pan size)
1 8 oz package cream cheese 
(any kind is fine - I used fat free this time)
2 cups powered sugar (confectioners sugar)
2  8 oz cartons Cool Whip
2 cups cold milk
1 3.9 oz package of instant chocolate pudding

Prepare and bake brownies according to the directions on the package using a 13x9 inch cake pan. Cool completely. In a bowl mix cream cheese and sugar for 2 minutes. Fold in 2 cups of Cool Whip. Spread over the brownies. Mix milk and pudding for 2 minutes. Then refrigerate for 5-10 minutes. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Use remaining Cool Whip to cover over the top of the dessert. Refrigerate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy