Mummy Girl Costume


Halloween means dressing up. We take this seriously at our house. In fact the main reason I bought a sewing machine was so I could make costumes for this girl. (For some reason my 14 year old son doesn't want me to make him costumes...) This year she was a mummy obviously. But we did a little bit different take on it. 

First I tea dyed her long sleeved shirt, leggings and a cream colored sheet, so they would have an old look to them. You can't really tell from the picture but they aren't the white color that they appear to be. 


Then I cut the sheet into strips and randomly sewed them onto her shirt. Focusing more on her torso. There is also some ribbon and gold tulle mixed into the wraps. I did add a few more wraps around the arm after she put it on so that some of the strips wrapped around her hands. Those strips I just safety pinned on.


The skirt is made from the sheet with lace sewed on the bottom. Then strips of fabric hang down with gold tulle sewed on top and tacked up on the side so that you can see the skirt strips better. We also wrapped them around her legs before she went trick or treating. They were wrapped right over her boots so that it mostly hid them from view. She wanted to add this blue "jewel" necklace and she mad the 3D bird head "jar" out of cardstock. She really is creative.


To complete the look we ratted up her hair and then put it into pony tails that we tied with more strips of fabric. I rubbed some white creme eye shadow around on her face and use the black cream eye shadow on her eyes. Then I added a little mascara. We loved the look of this costume. She was such a pretty little mummy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy