Day of the Dead

My daughter is really into the Mexican holiday that celebrates the day of the dead. Actually it's more that she likes the decor and makeup of the holiday. She was wanting to make a Halloween decoration that incorporated that. Luckily we found this cool black, glitter skull for her to use as her base.



She also got some bright colored puffy paint to use for painting. She liked the colors and really wanted something with a tip so that she had control over the design. She got right to work. It took her a couple of hours to finish it, but she was really pleased when she was done.


In some places that paint ran some, but she just waited until it dried and then she touched it up.


It made the paint kind of thick in some places, but it is still really great anyway! Here are a few more angles. 



Even though this doesn't really match with the Halloween decor that we already have, it will still have a prominent place. My daughter is only 11 and is always thinking big. I love that she doesn't just think big, she tries big. That is worth than all of my decor that I love so much! Now our Halloween has a little Day of the Dead added in. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy