Volunteering Makes Me Happy

I have always enjoyed volunteering for different activities throughout my life.  I believe that we are all here to help each other out.  Whether it is volunteering my time helping a friend or fulfilling a church assignment or calling.  When people ask me for a favor, I usually will help them out if I am able to.  I used to like being a mom helper at school when my kids were younger.  Unfortunately, now that I work I am not able to be a mom helper to go to the classroom each week or even to help with holiday parties.  I work at an elementary school as an instructional aide.  I have a kindergarten, 1st grade and 2nd grade class that I work with each day.  Except on Fridays.  On Fridays I don't go to my kindergarten class to help and I get off early since it is an early out day for the kids.  Today though after I finished with my classes and clocked out, I went back to my kindergarten class.  They have a huge project that they are trying to finish before Tuesday, but only a few kids can work at a time.  I went to help so that all of the kids could finish their part today.  It was on my own time but that was okay.  I had nowhere else that I had to be.  My kindergarten teacher was grateful and we did finish the afternoon class' project today with the help of a mom helper too.  School classes really need volunteers to be able to do everything that they need to.  Today I was able to be a class volunteer too and that made me happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy