Kids and Holidays Make Me Happy!

I love holidays!  I love all of the traditions and anticipation of these events.  However, I have never been a big fan of April Fools Day.  I don't know why, it just doesn't really appeal to me.  I've never been the "fun" mom who does silly stuff for her kids on April 1st.  Since I never do anything for it my kids barely notice the day.  In fact if they didn't go to school on April Fools Day they probably wouldn't even realize it was a "holiday."  But I work at a school with little kids.  So I knew that some of them would really have fun today. First thing a little boy came up to me and told me that he brought me some brownies today.  I was immediately suspicious because he had a huge grin on his face.  Not a happy grin, a mischievous one.  I took the foil wrapped paper plate from him and opened it.  It was a plate full of brown paper E's.  I had to admit that that was clever and laughed.  Then I had the constant - you have something on your shirt, there is a spider in your hair, and more like that.  Maybe one day I will decide that April Fools Day is fun, but until it's just another day for me.  But I do love that there are holidays that are geared towards little kids and that does make me happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy