Brownies Make Me Happy!

Okay, I know that is kind of a weird thing to say.  But the truth is I really do like them and they really do make me happy.  My mom is the brownie queen.  She has an amazing brownie recipe that is my kids favorite.  I do make her brownies sometimes, but not all of the time.  The truth is they don't taste the same as my moms.  Why is it that you can make the same thing from the same recipe and get different results?  Maybe because I had to do all of the work?  Truth is I like to bake so that shouldn't be it.  Anyway I have resorted to using a box mix.  Now all box mixes are not the same.  The kind that my family likes is Betty Crocker's Fudge Brownie mix.  They are yummy!  However I don't usually make just plain brownies.  I usually do something extra to them.  I make them according to the box directions and then I add things in or on top.  Today's brownies just had chocolate chips sprinkled all over the batter before baking.  That adds a little something.  Last week I pulled them out a couple of minutes before they were done and generously sprinkled mini marshmallows over the entire pan.  Then I sprinkled some chocolate chips on top of them and put them back into the oven for 2 more minutes.  They were sooo good!   Even after they were cooled the marshmallows were still kind of gooey!  I will sometimes sprinkle Betty Crocker's Chocolate Chip cookie mix over the brownies.  I should clarify, I put globs of made up cookie dough on top.  Cookie Brownies are one of our family's favorites.   Sometimes I will sprinkle mint chips on top or swirl some raspberry jam into the batter.  Brownies are just the base.  The fun is in the imagination.  And of course in eating them.  That makes me happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy