Simple Things Make Me Happy

One thing about children is that they can find absolute joy in very simple things.  They have favorite things that they like to do and they find joy in doing those over and over.  Sometimes it is playing with a favorite toy or swinging on the swings at the park.  Sometimes it is just playing outside.  My daughter has lots of things that she really enjoys doing.  Today though I'm not thinking of how much she enjoys doing something.  A couple of weeks ago she got really excited looking at the clock.  I thought that was strange but her reaction to it made me smile.  Then I had to ask what that was all about.  She said, "It's my favorite time of day!"  Favorite time of day?  Who has one of those?  Apparently my daughter does.  Her favorite time?  4:44.  When I asked her why that was her favorite time she looked at me like I should know.  She said that it was her favorite number.  I didn't know she had one.  I asked her if her favorite number was 444.  She said no, it's four.  That's why she likes 4:44 because it is 3 fours in a row.  Silly girl.  Her simple joy in such a simple thing made me happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy