I'm Not a Kindergarten Teacher and That Makes Me Happy

I don't know how many of you have ever attended a kindergarten class since you graduated from one, but it is not easy.  Today I helped in a kindergarten class all day.  Normally I'm only in there for an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon.  I help with workshops in this class.  The teacher in that class is amazing and does such a good job with those little youngsters.  I love kids and working in the school as an instructional assistant.  I was unprepared though for today.  It was the first day of school for the kindergartners.  They were a little bit bigger classes than last year, but still doable.  At least that is what I thought before they all arrived today.  Then it was like I hit the ground running.  Directing children to do what they were supposed to do.  Reassuring crying kids.  Trying to handle uncooperative kids.  Helping make sure that we got the right children on the right buses.  And so much more.  By the time I got home today I was exhausted!  I can not imagine doing that again.  Yet I don't have to try to imagine it because I will be there all day tomorrow too.  Fun.  It will get better it always does but until then I am glad to be a kindergarten helper and not a kindergarten teacher. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy