Too Much, Too Fast

WOW! That's the first description that comes to mind of the past week or so. I can't believe how much can change in the matter of a few weeks. A month ago my worries were simple, everyday worries about things that really don't matter in the big picture. I worried about helping my daughter get time to practice for her coming up dance competition. I worried about finding time to do some extra cleaning. I worried about how I was going to get things ready for a church function that I was helping with. And so on.

Now those worries not only don't seem nearly as bad, but most are now moot. Competitions and other functions have been cancelled. As have been dance, gym, yoga and other classes - even school! It seems like daily for over the past week my life has taken drastic unbelievable, crazy turns! No school and since I work at an elementary school that means no work for me either. It also meant a loss of income because I only get paid when I work. Church has been cancelled. Gatherings of more than 20 have been discouraged. Shelves at the grocery store are emptied as fast as they can fill them. Everything is truly moving WAY TOO FAST!!!

As if the fear of the Coronavirus wasn't enough, Utah decided that they should add an earthquake to the mix. The 5.7 earthquake hit yesterday morning around 7:00 am. Then I woke up to biggest snowstorm that we've had all year. WHAT?!?!

So my daughter and I have been mostly stuck at home. Her doing her schooling online for now and me doing whatever. No friends are hanging out. No where to go. It's nice to have two weeks off until you realize that you are basically going to be confined to your home for the entire time.

There have been some good things that have happened. I have been called in to work to help with getting homework packets ready for kindergarten kids to take home. I also found out that I am going to be paid for the two weeks I'm off. Neighbors have been texting and putting out on social media that they have food if anyone is needing some. I also now have time to binge watch a show that my daughter has been trying to get me to watch with her for quite a while. Hopefully I will be able to get a home improvement project done during this time too.

I have to look for the good. That is my personality. That's why so much negative so fast was too much for me. I just needed everything to stop so I could breathe, reevaluate and focus for a moment. So I could find the good. I could find the funny. I could find the sunshine. So I could find a centered me. Luckily despite all the crazy, I have been able to find the positive, easy going me. Take a minute and see if you can find good too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Lights Make Me Happy

I Am Happy When I Do Something Right

A Clean House Makes Me Happy